Wednesday, June 24, 2009

A Little Summer Fun


The schedule got a little tight on Tuesday, and with me at work and Jay in class most of the day, Grandpa came to the rescue! Jay ran the kiddos up to the cabin Monday night, and with Grandma Affeldt visiting Mia and Allison this week, Grandpa Affeldt had the day full of summer fun, lake style. They swam for hours, went for boat rides, had lunch at the lodge, and when we got back up there Tuesday night, we got to join in on roasting marshmallows. Needless to say, they slept well. We took advantage of the hot sun this morning before we headed home, and the kiddos got their first ever tube rides behind the boat. Thank god for the long sleeve swim tops I bought them.... if only I would have splurged for two more, Jay and I would not be sporting our bright red arms and back.

Oh yeah, and Bryn suddenly mastered the backstroke while we were swimming around too.

Grandpa and B girl tubin' it up.


Here I am with little man H.


Jay on the slalom ski.


Thanks Grandpa! Hopefully we'll have a chance for a few more summer cabin get-aways.

1 comment:

Karyl and Norbert said...

You guys are so welcome! It was so much fun swimming & boating with everyone. With the temps being in the mid 90's, the water was a real refreshing treat. I'm so glad mom & dad could both join in on the fun Tuesday evening and Wednesday. I can't wait to do it all over again soon. Love, grandpa